New and gooey!

Blog for the abstraction and rewriting of AMSN's (amsn.sf.net) gui.
Please please read this post first. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Example

Hey there,
I thought I'd see how the new widgets looked in Amsn. This turned out to be a nice exercise in debugging as lots of problems came to light with the widgets that I wasn't aware of...putting the widgets into amsn is, I suppose, the best way of testing them to see if they match the tk ones. Anyway, I think I've squashed most of the bugs, and here's a screenshot to show how amsn can look with a bit of work. Bear in mind that all I've changed here is the buttons, checkbuttons and radiobuttons, giving them a clean gtk-ish theme. When I have completed the tabbed window widget that I have underway, the prefs window will look nicer still. (Although in the future it'll be using a mozilla prefs style widget).

Screenshot: (once again, blogger has changed the colour of the text...seems to be a hobby it has..)



One thing I noticed whilst testing the widgets in amsn was they slowed it down a bit. I will have to work on optimising them!

Tom

3 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CAN'T WAITTTT! :P

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work man. Got all my moral support.

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Tom Jenkins said…

    Thank you both for the commments :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home